My Photo
Name:
Location: VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

IV

I think life should be more like tv. I think all of life's problems ought to be solved in 30 minutes with simple homilies, don't you? I think weight and oral hygiene ought to be our biggest concerns. I think we should all have powerful, high-paying jobs, and everyone should drive fancy sports cars. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothing, and men should carry powerful handguns. Life overall should be more glamorous, thrill-packed, and filled with applause, don't you think? Then again, if real life was like that, what would we watch on television?

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne said...

I thought you hated TV.

This is interesting.

Maybe you just want me to carry guns, wear tight clothes and drive fast cars.

Which i do aready.

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger James Oliver said...

My love and hate of tv stem from the same issues. What better illustration of dichotomy is there. TV is arguably the greatest artistic outlet man has ever created, yet the majorative use undermines the users creative processes, encouraging passivity rather than inspiring exploration.

Take that, art students!

1:15 p.m.  
Blogger James Oliver said...

Tight clothes, yes, handguns, no!

1:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home