My Photo
Name:
Location: VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A little eye candy




I'm not Jack Kerouac, but I have been on the road. While you were glued to TV watching Katrina and it's aftermath, I was burning fuel on a three day drive East across Canada. With me was Jeff Ball, Gas was $1.35 or so a Litre, and we had just enough cds to make it all the way without repeats. Please note that most of these pictures were taken at speed, in a lifted jeep.

Dawn breaks as I drive North to the Ferry off my Island. You can see the Pacific Ocean at the left, and a sea of fog in the valley.


The Spirit of Vancouver Island. As Ferries go, it's pretty mint and the scenery is world class, but if you have to take it more than once a month and all you want to do is get home, or you miss your boat and have to wait hours at the terminal, you can develop a keen hatred. The food doesn't help.




This is Chilliwack, or the Wack. The less said the beter.






I hear this is called a glacier, I thought I'd snap a pic before it's completely gone. This is believe it or not, in Glacier National Park. These aren't the mighty Rockies yet, ok, it takes a long long time to get through the Coastal range, then the Selkirks, where this pic was taken.




This is at Roger's Pass in the Selkirks, still not the Rockies. Elevation 4,534 feet. As you can see, it was an awesome day to travel. Not a cloud in the sky and warm.


Now I'm finally in the Rockies...



We cross the border to Alberta.


Calgary. The most confusing city I've ever driven in. After circling the city, we finally get our bearings. Have beers with my Aunt and Uncle, then head to my cousin and her husbands place, lots of beers there, watch some Chappel show bitch, and crashout. It's cold in Calgary.

Now I have to do homework, so The praries will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Itong said...

Nice pic James! Esp for me, who live in tropical country (Indonesia).
Regards, Krida

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

BURN from Indo.

11:58 p.m.  
Blogger James Oliver said...

Indo, while being the worlds largest archipelagic state, is mostly coatal, only the biggest islands have any mountains. Wang

2:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home