My Photo
Name:
Location: VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Oldosis.

When I was younger, I figured that life would pretty much remain the same. I'd get my drivers license and move out, travel, get laid, and shit, but I always though that on the whole, nothing much would change.

Of course now I know that change is the ONLY constant you can depend on.

Nothing illustrates this more than a quick review of bands that I thought would always be hittin.

No 1. Method Man. What the fuck happened to you? You suck, your movies suck, you haven't had an album in forever, and the last time I heard your voice was on a limp bizkit track. For the record... not cool. I can't believe I thought you were better than Tupac.

No 2. Redman. Muddy Waters is still one of my favorite albums, and I know you were in the dirtiest video ever with Christina, but your last hit was Ooh ooh ooh with De la. I guess that once you hit the top of the rap game you have nothing left to prove.

No 3. INXS. Ok, Kick was a fundamental late 80's album that I listened the shit out of. But then you went all mid nineties blah, and although there was a glimmer of hope with oooh oh, I'm elegantly wasted, I can't remember anything but the chorus. To tell the truth, I also thought the lyric was oooh oh, I'm better than Oasis. I can't bring myself to listen to the new shit with the new singer... it just doesn't feel right.

No 4. Big Audio Dynamite. Shit man... that was IT. I had that tape plugged into my sony sports walkman for ever, you know the yellow one with the two headphone jacks and the digital clock! I guess you're dead now, you're forgiven.

No 5. Creed. Oh wait... I'm glad they're done.

Ok. enough of this. Class starts right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne said...

There was one time when I thought that NKOTB was IT dude.

Perhaps I was wrong.

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger James Oliver said...

um, perhaps.

10:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home